May 14, 2013 in Substance
Coming this year from the Premier Comics collective is Substance, a new anthology of auto-biographical and personal comics. We are now accepting submissions – send us an email with a script, idea, thumbnails, storyboard, comic-in-progress, or comic that you’d like to submit. There are no hard limits on content – your stories don’t need to be non-fiction or of any particular genre; but with this collection we hope to provide a cohesive platform for work that might feel a little out of place between comics about zombies or aliens.
Substance is about life and art and all the things that bind you to the lines you put on the page. If you think a comic you’d like to make might fit, talk to us about it.
- We are accepting submissions from now until some point later in the year. There’s no rush to meet an immediate deadline for now – we’ll release when we think the comics that are right are ready.
- For those familiar with Pulp, the page requirements are the same. For others: your pages should be A4 proportions at 200PPI or higher – that’s at least 1654*2339 pixels, preferably in .PNG or .TIF or a well-managed .JPG that’s avoided ugly compression.
- Your submission can be as short as one page – there isn’t a strict cap on the maximum length, but since we want to keep the entire collection to a manageable size, the longer your comic is the more convincing we’ll need. If you’re venturing up to or beyond 20 pages be ready to justify the length.
- Submissions should be in greyscale. We’ll talk more about what we might be doing with colours with interested contributors.
- Substance is an entirely free, digitally-distributed endeavour that makes, takes and pays no money. Copyright to all submitted content remains with the creator.